Programme of the International River Prawn Fishing Tournament 2017,
Amphawa District, Samut Songkhram Province on 22 – 26 March 2017
|Press Conference in the King Rama II Memorial Park Compound|
|Date / Time||Description|
|Thursday, 9 March 2017|
|15.00-18.00||- Press conference of the International River Prawn Fishing Tournament 2017 by the Administrative Team of Samut Songkram Province
- MC gives the introduction and introduces the Administrator of Samut Songkhram Province
- Introduce the history of the activities.
|Wednesday, 22 March 2017|
|16.00 – 18.00||- Competitors come to the accommodation prepared by the competition organizer|
|- Competitors acknowledge competition rules, draw lots for the team numbers and boats in the competition|
|Opening ceremony and the first day of the competition|
|Thursday, 23 March, 2017|
|09.00-09.30||Competitors and honorable guests arrive at the competition area to join the opening ceremony.
- Performances by a Thai classical music band and Thai folk song singers.
|09.30-10.00||The Guest of Honor arrives at the of ceremony area.
- Long Drum Team show to welcome the Guest of Honor
- The Samut Songkhram Province Administrator reports the objectives of the activities.
- Opening address by the Guest of Honor
- Opening of the Activities by “Legend of Mae Klong River Basin, Samut Songkhram”
- The Guest of Honor and Samut Songkhram Province Administrator Team release prawns into the river.
- The Guest of Honor and Samut Songkhram Province Administrator Team visit the Mae Klong Retro Market, “Water is Life” Exhibition, “Way of Life of Samut Songkhram People”, Prawn Exhibition, Show about Prawn Hunters’ Way of Life and Prawn Fishing Boat
|10.00-12.00||First day competition starts.|
|12.00-13.00||Lunch at the Rama II Memorial Park|
|13.00-16.00||Afternoon competition starts.|
|16.00-17.00||Competitors give prawns to the committee to weigh and record the results of the first day of the competition.|
|17.00-19.00||Competitors have dinner at the prepared place.|
|19.00||Competitors return to their accommodations|
|The Second Day of the Tournament|
|Date and Time||Description|
|Friday, 24 March 2017|
|09.30-10.00||Competitors arrive at the competition site|
|10.00-13.00||The second day of the competition starts.|
|09.30-21.00||The Guest of Honor and Samut Songkram Province Administrator Team visit the Mae Klong Retro Market, “Water is Life” Exhibition, “Way of Life of Samut Songkram People”, Prawn Exhibition, Show about Prawn Hunters’ Way of Life and Prawn Fishing Boat|
|13.00-14.00||- The competition ends.
- Competitors give prawns to the committee to weigh and make record the results.
|14.00-17.00||Thai temple field trip for competitors who are interested.|
|17.00-21.00||- Award presentation ceremony
- Performances on stage and video of the tournament presentation.
|21.00||Competitors return to their accommodations|
|Saturday, 25 March 2017|
|10.00-12.00||-Departure of participants. Bonvoyage .
-Floating Market and other interesting places.
|Sunday, 26 March 2017|
|10.00-15.00||-Floating Market and other interesting places.|
Remarks: Subject to change